We at Wearside Rewinds believe that safeguarding personal data is of paramount importance in the execution of our activities. We, therefore, want to give you clear and transparent insight into how we process personal data from clients, contacts, and website visitors.
When processing personal data, we hold to the roles and regulations as stated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have assigned a Data Protection Officer for any kind of inquiries related to our GDPR efforts, who can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Our role as a Controller
There are various purposes for Wearside Rewinds to gather, store, and process personal data, all aimed at maintaining and improving our level of support.
Security of personal data
Wearside Rewinds ensures adequate security of the personal data that it holds in like with eh applicable legal requirements and guidelines. This includes making use of a 256 bit SSL security certificate to ensure all your data is encrypted while in transit.
Contact data storage limitation
Wearside Rewinds stores personal data that it processes no longer than is necessary or required for the purposes of data processing and availability. We have a standard retention period of 90 days. Different standards apply to customer related information which we may keep for longer to facilitate refunds, order management and processing customer requests efficiently.
We gather personal data when a person is:
- Subscribing to our blog and/or news updates.
- Signing up for events.
- Purchasing our products.
- Contacting us through our contact or quote form.
- Communicating with us via any of our communication channels on our website.
We process personal data when:
- Following up on correspondences (live chat, email, phone enquiries).
- Informing our customers and visitors about products and updates.
- Executing internal analyses for product development, market research, and user behaviour research.
- Applying remarketing and display advertising features within Google Analytics and Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, as well as platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and Twitter.
The following personal data is gathered and processed :
In our store
- When purchasing a product in our store, specific payment-related information is required to enable the purchase.
- User activity, such as login frequency. This will help us to understand user engagement within the editor, enabling us to anticipate on a potential need for support.
- Email and phone communications.
- Support requests created and resolved, via phone or email or via our contact form.
Blog, mailing list and product subscriptions
- Subscribing and unsubscribing from blog and product updates or our mailing list.
- We gather anonymised data with Google Analytics.
Remarketing and display advertising
- We have Google, and Facebook tracking pixels in place to serve ads to former site visitors and to find visitor profile look-a-likes, who we can serve ads on Google, Google’s Display Network, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Wearside Rewinds does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal data to outside parties for commercial, charitable, or idealistic purposes. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Right to access
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with your personal data via email.
Right to portability
Whenever we process your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with customer support.
- You have an unsettled debt with us, regardless of the payment method.
- If you are suspected of misusing or have misused our services within the last four years.
- Your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers.
- If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection with your transaction for bookkeeping purposes.
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing
You have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt-out from direct marketing by following the instruction in each marketing email
Right to restriction
You have the right to request that we restrict the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing based on our legitimate interest, we shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you have a claim that your personal data is incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- If we no longer need the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer support personnel to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them at email@example.com
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you consider us to process your personal data in an incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
Complaint or remark about the use of personal data
We do our utmost to ensure the security of your personal data. However, if you do have a complaint or remark about our use of your personal data, because you feel that we don’t handle your personal data carefully or because you have requested access to or correction of your personal data, but are not satisfied with the response, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take appropriate action.
Our role as a Processor
We will process personal data solely for purposes of the storage, on our servers or those of third parties engaged by us, of the online forms created by or on behalf of the Processor. The Processor will not process the personal data for any purpose other than those established by the Controller.
Wearside Rewinds Ltd
21 Bridgewater Rd
Tyne and Wear NE37 2SG